Transforming Financial Organizations
with an Information-Driven Approach
How Sinequa helps Financial Services Organizations Unlock the Potential of their Data
As part of a leading Financial services organization (FSO), you maintain and collect massive volumes of data, which can be a double-edged sword. Collecting and maintaining increased amounts of data related to your customers and portfolios can provide tremendous opportunities to increase revenue and reduce risk. Yet at the same time, you are required to comply with even more stringent regulations. These regulations such as
There are many ways in which Sinequa’s AI-Powered Search & Analytics platform can help your organization, including:
- Leveraging technology to surface actionable information across all business functions – including customer service, risk management, investment banking, regulatory compliance, and asset management
- Finding patterns and relationships among disparate data from different silos to deliver an advanced Know Your Customer (KYC) approach with contextual insights from a timeline of important events including M&A activity, fundraising, credits, litigation, etc.
- Surfacing topically relevant information from disparate sources in a unified view - for example, a 360° view of a bond fund that brings together information from different business applications, previous analysis, broker commentary, email, new sites, etc.
Learn how becoming Information-Driven has enabled leading FSOs such as, Crédit Agricole, DZ Bank, Franklin Templeton, Groupama, LCL and Navy Federal Credit Union to enhance the performance of key stakeholders in multiple and significant ways.
Download the white paper
Learn more on how to:
- Analyze, Structure and Categorize All Available Data
- Get Actionable Insight from the Most Diverse Data Sources
- Obtain Instant 360° Views on Customers, Portfolios, Investment Targets, Contracts, Financial Performance, etc.
Learn more on how to:
- Speed up Anti-Money Laundering investigations
- Monitor financial transactions
- Identify & correlate suspect transactions and people
- Reduce case handling time